Optimal is awarding $5,000 need-based scholarships to active military and veteran students. We at Optimal understand that raising the funds necessary for an education can be difficult. As a result, we would like to lend a hand.
To provide our judges with a true understanding of each applicant, he or she must answer three open-ended, personal, and thought-provoking questions. The students whose responses are the most persuasive, compelling, and well-written, as judged by our panel, will be considered finalists.
This scholarship is available to:
- Veterans/active military, their sons, daughters, or spouses.
- Spouses, sons, and daughters of deceased veterans or deceased active duty members are also eligible.
- Children of service members/veterans must be under the age of 21, or if full-time student status, under the age of 23.
Evidence of applicant’s military service or spouse/parent’s military service is required from the winner in the form of one of the following:
- Copy of DD 214
- Personal service record, i.e.: Officer Record Brief, Enlisted Record Brief, Basic Individual Record, Personal Data Record, Performance Summary Record
- Copy of dependent’s military ID
IMPORTANT NOTICE FOR SUBMISSIONS
All fields are required. Please include your contact information below so that we can get in touch with you if you are chosen as a finalist.
- This contest is open to legal residents of the United States (excluding Rhode Island, Guam, Puerto Rico, and Virgin Islands).
- Applicants must be at least 16 years old, and enrolled at an accredited post-secondary academic institution.
- Additional terms and conditions apply. Please refer to the contest rules for more information.
- Applications must be submitted by 11:59 pm Eastern Time on the scholarship deadline.
Have a question about our scholarships? Visit our frequently asked questions (FAQ) section.